Sunday 11 October 2015

Saturday 3rd October 2015

I was up by 6AM. Last night I agreed to meet up at 7AM with Dorothy the CRS country head, for a long hike up Mount Febe. Supposed to be very nice and scenic. I'd rather go for long hikes than to night clubs.

Anyhow the hike was fantastic. It was so incredible to see how crazy about sport Cameroonians are. They were running, stretching, crunching, etc...just about everywhere. The sidewalks, the pavement, in between cars, parking lots, everywhere. It was very unreal.

Yaounde is known for being the city of the 7 hills, as it is indeed surrounded by beautiful lush green jungle hills. A gorgeous sight early in the morning, when the dew is still visible, and the jungle has not fully gotten rid of its foggy blanket.

I was very tired waking up at 6AM on a saturday morning after the exhausting week I had had in Bangui. But it was so worth it.

We walked for a good 3 hours, and then walked back down to the city. We said goodbyes, and I kept on walk around alone. I just wanted to walk walk walk. Not being walk around in Bangui was so frustrating. And the way I love to discover a place is by walking.

And so I kept on walking until early afternoon. Found myself lots of bananas. Walked back to the hotel and laid down by the pool, eating bananas for brunch, while the tropical rain was making its way towards the hotel.

I spent the rest of the afternoon in my room, resting to the sound of the pouring rain, waiting for the time to pack and head to the airport...leaving Africa and back to Paris.

It was a short lived mission. t is really frustrating that I did not even get to really start implementing the project and making a concrete impact. I cant wait for the mission to start again or to find another mission. Soon inchallah...

No comments:

Post a Comment